March 07, 2007

ET hits a new low.

I just want to say how disgusted I am with American media. I mean the whole Anna Nicole thing is just so embarassing. I know, I know its our own fault what with the ratings and all. But surely there has to be a limit to all this?
Let the poor girl just die in peace will you? She was crazy, she was beautiful, she was an opportunist, a mother, fat, thin and more crazy. Yes, we were fascinated. But franky I'm just not fascinated by the color and designer and freakin' fabric of her shroud? Sorry I don't mean to be insensitive but I am so utterly disgusted by Entertainment Tonite's coverage of the funeral and their whole dramatization and glamorization of her death. It is appalling. I happened to catch ET while channel surfing on Friday evening. Yes it was the day of her funeral (I knew this because it qualified as "breaking news" on CNN)and they should have covered it, paid some tributes to her and her family etc. and moved on. Instead they went on about how they had *exclusive* rights to the funeral and were the only cameras allowed inside the church. Oh boy, lucky you guys. Must make your mothers so proud. And they didn't stop there. They went on about the wicked wicked mother, the even more wicked 'other father' and proclaimed their love for the 'real father' Howard Stern. We saw his each tear, each curl of the lip, even heard him fart. It was like we were right there in the church with them all.
Did they stop there? No.
They told us we would get to see the actual digging of the grave on Monday "so be sure to tune back in for this graveside exclusive".
That was the point when I threw up silently.
Graveside exclusive?
There are some words that are never ever meant to go together. God didn't make them that way. These are those.

No comments: