November 07, 2006

This Ain't No Comeback Bitches!

Hi. I'm back.
Just when I was about to quit my frivolous blogging lifestyle, a friend asks me "why haven't you been blogging lately?' Dammit. I was hoping no one would notice.
How can I quit knowing that this one person is actually reading what I have to write? I wont be able to sleep at night. I have undertaken a responsibility I can't shrug off.

Jon Stewart of the famed Daily Show (which I adore as you may know) seemed to think so too last night. He was chatting with Jerry Seinfeld and asked him when Jerry thought he (Jon) could quit the show. Jerry said never...The Daily Show (TDS) is like the paper. "The New York Times isn't just going to get up and quit one day".

I was at a digital media conference the other day and they were talking about TDS replacing the news for so many young people. Then a smart panelist quipped that this simply isn't true...you cant understand and enjoy TDS unless you know the news. It's true. Although I have to admit -- everything I know about mid-term elections I learned from a cartoon on TDS last night. The gist of it being that mid-term elections are very useless.

I got a postcard from some dude this morning saying 'Stop Bush. Vote today'. Can someone please explain to me exactly how voting today is going to stop Bush from doing anything?
Mostly I try not to think about these things because I can't vote. Give me a Green Card and then we'll talk.

My. So much has happened in the world since my last post. I know, I know, I always say that. A lot has been going on with Jolie & Pitt in Pune by the way. A juicy tidbit...
My sister's head professor in a Pune Med school also heads the Association for Buddhist chanting (yes they have one) and apparently sat down with Angie for about 3 hours (alone mind you) chanting. Good stuff. Everyone is now asking him "Zolie la bhetla ka?" (did you meet Jolie..?) Maharashtrians (the State Pune is in is called Maharashtra..the capital of which is Bombay/Mumbai and the people are Maharashtrian and speak Marathi) cannot say 'J' they say 'Z' instead.
Trivial. Especially in the face of Britney splitting with K-Fed. What???? I'm reeling in shock.
And what is up with her popping up on David Letterman last night looking for Will Ferrel? Weird. But dude. The hot, blonde pre-trashy K-Fed days is back. Hurrah!
Oh this is going to be a fun blogging week!

No comments: