November 08, 2006

Oh Anchal!

Ok when a show over-focuses on one person through the entire episode, it's no surprise they've had it. Ciao, sayonara, adieu, whatever. I'm talking about America's Next Top Model of course and our dear desi friend Anchal. Ok ABCD (American Born Confused Desi) to be more precise but there's a desi in there somewhere. I say somewhere because the poor girl wore blue contact lenses and was ashamed of her color growing up. Personally, I would attribute that more to Bollywood and the Indian obsession with fair skin than growing up in Homestead, Florida.

Let's focus on the 'C' in 'ABCD' for a minute. Confused, scared and insecure to be more precise. I wanted to slap some sense into this dusky beauty. Running off like a scared cat from each assignment is not the way to go. Especially with bitches like Melrose around. And boy did the show producers have fun focusing on her repeated "I can't do that", "I'm too fat", "I have no friends" bit. In tonight's show she didn't want to take her sarong off on the beach because she felt she was overweight. Listen honey, you shake 'em Indian hips and do your desi-ghee (clarified butter & Indian food staple) feeding mamma proud.

Ok have you seen Anchal's before shots? Oh you should. Looks almost freakish. She's come a long way but was clearly not ready to go all the way. It was sad to see her go on tonight's show, since I'm so patriotic and all but oh well she's 19...me thinks she'll grow up into a less confused ABD. Maybe even hit Bollywood sans blue contact lenses? Oooh that's a tough one.

No comments: