January 02, 2008

Happy New New!

Aaaah I'm back. Tis' the season of many new resolutions, aspirations, determinations...and I'm hoping a fresh new stream of writing. I love writing. I'm hoping I will succumb more often to its thereapeutic charm. I have also been dealing with ongoing guilt pangs as a result of several friends positive feedback on my writing ...an outcome of my own shameless promotion of my blog on Facebook. I should just tell you all know that I'm thoroughly addicted to Facebook. Yes as much as I am to Starbucks. Dammit...why does this blog make me so honest? Anyway I'm feeling pressured (in a good way) to keep writing because I can't have people reading stale news! I owe them some fresh, some new, some happy new new!

I just got an email with some funny quotes...very time appropriate as I sit here wondering about my resolutions and whether I should be a rebel and not keep any at all (that would be the weak side of me who knows the truth) or go with the goat-herd flow and maintain the standard lose weight, quit smoking, have babies, stop global warming (why is remembering to take the charger out of the socket so damn hard?) genre of resolutions. Sigh.

Anyway here are those quotes I was telling you about. Resolutions anyone?

"A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other." - Author unknown

"Many people look forward to the new year for a new start on old habits." - Author unknown

"New Year's Day: Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual." - Mark Twain

The last one is my favorite.

No comments: