June 14, 2007

Save Internet Radio. Jeez.

Pandora.com is the best thing around. I mean I know I can plug in my iPod at work or sign into Yahoo music (the videos can be distracting however) and then there are always online radio stations which are forever buffering and static-ey. Yuck.
Except when I discovered Pandora. I'm a huge fan and so I decided to be nice and tell the world.
You start by putting in a song. Any old song or artist you love and then you leave the rest to the wonders and joys of technology and out pop a million songs based on the one you put into the system. You can rate, yay or nay songs as you go on and the results get better and better.
God I sound like such a villager.
Now the part that I'm really embarassed about is that this is all so 2005.
Jeez am I the last one in as usual.
Well no that isn't true. I was distinctly one of the first people to be sporting an iPod Nano in Manhattan. Oh those were the days when people would stop me on the streets just for a peek, a stroke, a longing look (I'm talking about my Nano you perv.)
I digress.
Ok so there is some new news. It ain't good new though. As always Congress is after us music lovers. Don't these guys have global warming issues they need to focus on? Jeez. (feeling very jeezy today). A recently passed legislation will force free online radio providers such as Pandora to increase the fees they pay toward royalties by 1200%. No I didn't put an extra zero in there.

Luckily we can all do something about this thanks to the Internet Radio Equality Act. Visit savenetradio.org if you care. Please care or Pandora will be vamooshed.

No comments: