November 22, 2006

More Turkey, Toned Thighs & Mad Magicians.

It's here. Turkey-Day. Been talking about it all week (well actually that would be last week) and now its finally upon us.
The weird thing is I'm not even in the mood for turkey. I think I overdosed on the All-Star Thanksgiving special on Food Network...I mean how was I possibly supposed to resist Paula Dean, hottie Giada, Emeril and Alton Brown in one room! Not to mention Tyler and Ray. Oh boy! I feel like I ate two pies already.
But you know...tomorrow is a new day. New day, new appetite I say. I even baked my own pie to bring to the party. Ok maybe not baked...assembled? That still counts for something right?

I hope you watched the Madonna concert on ABC tonite. If you didn't and loserishly didn't make her concert either this summer, you just go crawl under a rock OK. See I watched the concert live (read my post) and then watched it again today with just as many goosebumps. This woman just rules. The strength in her body is phenomenally humbling. Good thing I brought my yoga mat home this weekend I say. If yoga does that...I'm in. Must watch the concert-they will be showing re-runs on Bravo I believe. The intermittent and nuaseating Holiday commercials are cumbersome but this is what you get when you don't shell out $450 for a front-row ticket.

One of those commercials really caught my attention though. Target. I love Tarjayyy and their commercials are so cool and classy (quite unlike the in-store experience of course) but this one had David Blaine in it. The man's a nutter. He almost just died from floating in a giant fish bowl at Lincoln Center for over a week! And now the crazy dude has suspended himself over Times Square, in some spinning contraption and has to free himself by 6 a.m. on Friday so he can take 100 disadvantaged children on a shopping spree to Target.

Say what?

I don't even know which part of that sentence to double-back on. Ok so when I read it in the paper this morning I thought how charming the crazy dude is putting his craziness to good use. After his last few stunts, we were beginning to think all he cared about was bringing attention to himself and that he's so ego-centric. (Please note sarcasm here.) How glorious David. Charity darling. But thennnn. When I saw the Target ad with the crazy himself promoting the stunt and the closing shot with Target promoting it's 2-day sale "starting Friday at 6 a.m." I was like a-ha! That David Blaine has sold himself to the commercial Devil. Oh red Devil thy name is Target!

Just Google David Blaine and tell me the first thing you see. Yep, its Target, search optimized and ready to rumble.

I clearly need some sleep.

Sale or no sale I do hope he makes it out before 6 a.m. Are they going to just let down 100 under-priviliged kids if crazy dude fails? Dammit. Just when I thought I wouldn't be tossing and turning over missed 'early-freakin' bird' deals at 5:30 a.m. now I have a hundred kids and a crazy dude to worry about. Just super.

No comments: