October 05, 2006

Too Cool for A Twinkie.

Work is absorbing me like a premium quality diaper. That and I'm having committment issues. To my blog that is.
Sorry. September wasn't a hot blogging month for me. But October. Yes the turning leaves bring much hope.
Oh where shall I begin? So much has happened in the world!

Well let me start by saying I just couldn't get over Pervez on the Daily Show. I mean what was that all about!!! He got way more media attention chez Jon than any other official business he was here for. I mean what a load of media attention he got! Anyone have a clue what he was here for, other than promoting his book of course? And what is up with writing a book when you're still in office? Risky business my friend. His country must think so too as I just read about another attempted bombing near his house last night. Hmmm maybe he'll move to America.

Behind all that security and bullet-proof glass at the Daily Show studio, the President looked pretty darn spiffy. He's a smart chap, expensive suit, speaks well (no subtitles needed here), didn't say anything silly (even when Stewart begin with a "where's Osama?"), politelty laughed at Jon's comedy showing a lighter side and didn't touch the jasmine green tea or god forbid the 'twinkie'. Smart chap.

Black tea would have been the way to go.

And who in God's name offers a President in office a twinkie?

Yes it might be one of America's most loved and precious snacks that has been "tantalizing taste buds for the last 75 years" but so has Parle G and would we offer Parle G to Bush if he came to India? Ok maybe we might but at least it has glucose in it (that way he wouldn't fall asleep in public again). But Twinkies?

Twinkies are the ultimate junk food, sugar, high fructose corn syrup, lard, beef fat (gross)and about 17 chemical ingredients you have never heard of plus it comes in a plastic wrapper with a dubiously long shelf-life...did we say tantalizing?

Excuse me while I barf for a second here.

No comments: