September 13, 2006

Good Device, Bad Device.

What good am I, if I can't talk about advertising!
Ok have you guys seen this website?
http://www.shaveeverywhere.com
This guy just cracks me up! Ooh maybe I shouldn't say cracks.

I saw an ad for Disney mobile flaunting their keep tabs on your kids via GPS feature. What are the poor children of today to do? Getting a cell phone is highly desirable but now your parents know where you are every second of the day? Shites. What happened to the days of loitering, skipping school and going to the movies instead? Now your mom can find out exactly which theatre you are at and show up there to not only throw your entire bucket of popcorn over your head but also ruin a perfectly high-potential date.

Sigh. I feel bad for today's kids. Their risk-taking abilities have been minimized and pretty much nullified by technology. I mean hey, you can say "my battery died"...but there are only so many times mom will buy that. They also have features called call control and family monitoring adding on all kinds of restrictions on who you talk to and how long you talk for.
Frankly I would not want that cell phone if I were a kid. In fact, I would pray to not get one..even write to Santa about it.

Isn't this a bad move for Disney? The NY Times quoted "Disney Phones has parents in mind"...ya-ha but at the cost of kids hating you for completely ruining their lives? I thought Disney was all about the kids. Traitors.

No comments: