January 08, 2008

End of the Holidays. Brought to you by Starbucks.

Is it really sad that the end of the Holidays for me is marked by Starbucks changing their cups back to the normal white ones? Ok that and the ginormous Rockefeller tree coming down. But mainly the demise of the red Stabucks cup.

That's really sad in so many ways.

You know what I'm talking about right? You know, every year Starbucks changes its cups to the red Holiday cheery ones...sometime around November. Ok thats a lie..its usually sometime right after Labor day weekend because Starbucks is in such a freakin' hurry to celebrate each festival. I mean every year, Jan 1st and they have their full-on Valentines Day collection out.

Anyway since October till just a few days ago we Starbucks drinkers (no I did not quit) were roaming around with our cheery red paper cups of overpriced caffeine and now we are back to the plain white cups of overpriced caffeine. It just makes me so sad the Holidays are over. Can't they have pink cups for Valentines Day?
Its people like me who promote consumerism.
Sigh.

1 comment:

Aquin. said...

Couldn't agree more, there just is something about red cups that lends to the holidays! I couldn't help but notice the Rite Aid across the street, that took down it's Christmas elves and put up its pink tissue heart - the sweet syrupy and tacky run up to Valentines just makes me miss the holidays more.