July 14, 2006

Thank You BBC.

The quest for a good news website on the situation back home has become an obsession. I tried samachar. com and hindustantimes.com but was let down (good coverage on Miss Universe, however). Look, I'm not saying they don't have news, it's just hard to get to the articles, there aren't that many good articles to begin with, and the ones that are good are overwhelmed by everything else that is going on, on that page.
Pulling down advertising on websites and news channels has become a standard practice here in the U.S since 9/11. It's the right thing to do. And I wish the media in India would adopt this practice as well. Trust me, I work in advertising and we have established industry best practices...contrary to popular belief.

I was hoping to find a homegrown online destination to fulfill my intense journalistic needs right now (I feel an uneasy rumble back home, anger, tensions, accusations...and I want to keep my finger on the pulse) but I'm sorry. I couldn't find one. If you do, please let me know.

In the meanwhile, I am thankful to the BBC who never fails to provide in-depth news where depth means deep and news is serious business.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/default.stm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»