August 09, 2006

Wednesday Blabber.

Delta is screwed. They just posted a $2.2. billion loss for the second quarter. Compare this to the $382 million loss they posted for the same time frame last year. And we thought they were in trouble then! Guess the reorganization process which we've been hearing about for a while now really isn't working out. In fact the cost of doing so cost them $2 billion which is why the loss posted is so much higher. Can someone please explain to me why reorganizing a company costs 2 billion dollars???
I remember deciding to stop hoarding my Delta frequent flier miles and finally cash them in for a ticket when at some point last year Delta sent me a very formal letter communicating their restructuring and assuring me my miles would be safe.
When your airline goes out of their way to tell you your miles are safe...do not trust them.

On another note, the monsoon is wreaking havoc in India. 4.5 million people are homeless already. I know that number shouldn't shock me but it really does. Especially when you think the population of Manhattan is approximately 1.6 million. Three times as many people walking around without homes?

The population issue really comes to life when you see a headline that reads "Five in India Die Trying to Save Pigeon". Yes, thats right. A pigeon fell into a well and one by one people jumped in to save it. I hate pigeons. No I really do.

Oh dear. I promise to write less depressing stories tomorrow.

No comments: